Today’s Top 10 real estate posts of the day in no particular order.
1) Mortgage Rates Will Probably Keep Rising, But Don’t Fret – Rates are up half a point from their winter low, but still are very low.
2) Consumers want experiences over products, do you know why? – Interesting study, but did we really need a study to tell us this? People want to know you care, and they can tell when you are faking it.
3) Buyer : How Much Cash Do I Need? – Lender’s fees, points, prepaids, insurance, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
4) Rule your own Magic Kingdom – Technology is great, but sometimes you need to be a good old-fashion real estate agent to help dominate your neighborhood.
5) The Concept of A Break Even Income Property OR 2 RE Investors Walk Into a Bar… – The one law about real estate investing that most investors will forget… Murphy’s Law.
6) Am I Wrong? or Was this “Trulia Voices” Exchange “Crossing an Ethical Line”? – I understand the intent of this part of our code of ethics, but sometimes it bothers me. When I know someone is talking to an agent and I think the agent (in my opinion) is giving them really bad advice why cannot I say something? Isn’t that looking out for the best of the consumer? And if someone is working with an agent who is never available to help or unwilling to help why cannot I step in and help the client. Sometimes we care to much about not hurting fellow agents instead of protecting the clients.
7) Real Estate Conspiracy Pondered By Home Owner – This was kind of funny… Getting a large group of agents to agree on anything is almost impossible and if you did get them to agree to a conspiracy half of them would talk.
8) BuzzRE: Internet Marketing Education for Realtors – Who wants to sponsor me to attend? Will travel from Phoenix, will get a t-shirt made up with your logo on it and will proudly pimp for you while I am there all you need to do is cover the hotel and airfare. And I will feature you as a sponsor for the rest of the month in my top 10. You know you want in ;-)
9) Credit Concerns When Buying a Home – Another one of those that is good information for a consumer to know and one agents can share with their buyers.
10) On Site SEO Vs. Off Site SEO What Is The Difference – Know them both, use them both, they don’t work without each other.